THE BENEFITS OF HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
The main goal of BHRT is to reduce the signs of aging, and to make our journey into the later years in life more enjoyable and productive. As we age, our hormone levels decrease, which takes a toll on every aspect of our health and wellbeing. Bioidentical replacement therapy can improve our quality of life in every way, from reducing harmful levels of hormones like cortisol, to boosting our immune and cardiovascular systems.
- Estrogen: The main benefits of estrogen replacement therapy are all associated with reducing the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, discomfort with intercourse, and mental health issues like depression and anxiety. BHRT estrogen treatments also increase bone density, which staves off osteoporosis.
- Progesterone: Because the lining of the uterus is sensitive to stimulation from estrogen replacement therapy, progesterone is often used alongside it to reduce these effects. Progesterone protects the lining of the uterus, leaving the estrogen to do its good work elsewhere. Progesterone also corrects mood disorders brought on by hormone reduction, and lowers HDL cholesterol.
- Testosterone in Women: Only a small dose of testosterone replacement is needed to restore women to their natural levels, but it packs a big punch! In women, testosterone increases sex drive, and maintains the health and sensitivity of vaginal tissues. It also reduces depression, increases bone density, and maintains lean muscle mass.
- Testosterone in Men: A low testosterone level is a condition that many men face as they age, and that is known as hypogonadism. This condition leads to a lowered sex drive, problems with concentration and memory, accumulation of fat (especially around the midsection and vital organs), loss of bone density and muscle mass, depression, and social isolation. These problems can be corrected through testosterone replacement therapy.
- DHEA: Boosts the production of the body’s white blood cells that are used to fight diseases of every kind. This results in a powerhouse of an immune system that can better fight cancer, lupus, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and many other diseases. DHEA also delays the onset of these illnesses as it reduces the signs of aging. DHEA is also responsible for increased bone density, and an increase in lean muscle mass.
- Melatonin: Commonly used to regulate sleep patterns, we at Bioresoration Medical believe that melatonin is capable of so much more than that. Our research supports the idea that melatonin plays an important role in all of our biorhythms, including that of aging, We believe that melatonin can extend your life expectancy, and keep you much healthier along the way. Melatonin also fights cancer, because it’s a strong antioxidant.
- Thyroid: Thyroid disease and deficiencies are very common, especially in people over 65. The good news is that these conditions are very easily treatable with BHRT. Replacing essential hormones produced by the thyroid help to stimulate weight loss, decrease fatigue, keep the skin healthy, and improve reflexes.